Our mission at Energetech is to accelerate the global path towards the green transition. We are an energy trading company that brings together the best talent from around the world to reinvent the way energy flows through global markets.
Who You Are
We are seeking a highly innovative Weather Data Scientist to join our dynamic team. As a Weather Data Scientist, you will utilize advanced science and technology to drive new insights and forecasts that will shape our trading practices. You will be responsible for analyzing large amounts of weather data, developing predictive models, and designing strategies that create value and mitigate risk. The successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, integrity, and high performance.
- Building cutting-edge weather-related forecasting models driving energy demand, and renewable production and energy flow
- Incorporating advanced meteorological understanding to build novel features that would feed into the machine learning models
- Research and development of integrating machine learning based methods into short term weather forecasting and nowcasting
- Coming up with new approaches handling and analyzing atmospheric model output data
- Collaborating with other data scientists and machine learning engineers in the team to contribute building a framework responsible for in-house forecasting capabilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Educational background in MSc/PhD in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science or a related field
- Comprehensive understanding of at least one of the following: numerical weather prediction, nowcasting / short-near term weather prediction, energy-related time series forecasting
- Experience working with models like ECMWF, GFS and/or post-processing their output
- Excellent Python coding skills for data analysis as well as model building
- Machine learning experience, especially applied to weather forecasting or energy fundamentals (wind, solar, hydro etc.) prediction
- Accustomed to production-grade software engineering best practices (Git, bash, Docker) or willingness to familiarize yourself with these topics
- Excellent research skills, tenacity to discover and test new ideas
- Developed ability to communicate clearly and effectively with data scientist/engineers and software engineers as well as the business stakeholders
- Relevant experience of at least 2-3 years in similar role in the industry
- It would be beneficial to have experience in advanced machine learning methods like deep learning or graph neural networks
- Familiarity with object-orientated programming (OOP) is desirable.