Officer, Card Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
1. Business As Usual
- Maker for Settlement
- Maker for Payroll & Personal Loan Debit Card Services
- Second backup Maker for Reconciliation
- Maker for Dispute Handling
- Maker for Credit Card Processing
- Maker for I-Banking Operations
- All tasks are able to be rotated periodically if required.
- Ensure all functions and operations are prioritized and complete without backlog to ensure service quality and elimination of frauds and losses.
- File operational documents fully
- Assist in administrative duties and other ad hoc & miscellaneous activities as assigned by the line manager
- Relief team members who are on lunch / leave / Sick leave / training where necessary.
- Fully understand and strictly comply with Group policies, work procedures and local regulatory requirements
- Ensure service performance standards are consistently met and reviewed.
- Assist in managing operations cost through reduction in unit costs without impacting service standards
2. Services Delivery
- Maintain service level agreement metrics on turnaround and accuracy.
- Effective stakeholder engagement to understand and fulfill the needs of internal clients.
- Use metrics to drive decisions around service delivery improvements.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with existing customers
- Full participation, cooperation, commitment and contribution in all required activities of the project
- Full attendance and attention for all required trainings
- Learn and understand new system functionalities in order to teach other staff in the new system
- Able to identify system or process constraints, issues and risks
- Participate in the operational processes designing for new initiatives, especially back office activities
- Full contributions in the UAT testing and report problems related to system errors, behavior not within expectations and constraints that will impact system users
4. Risk Management
- Insure a no surprises culture - no failed audits
- Support to manage the maintenance of operational integrity throughout the unit.
- Ensure products & services are delivered in compliance with local Regulatory Requirements.
5. ILDP and Working environment
- Attend at least 2 training course annually.
- Support to create a harmonious work environment;
- Attend monthly meeting for ATM& Cards Ops.
- Have a set process to capture new ideas
- Ensure migration of best practice
7. Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- To support unit's BCP tests as per test schedule.
- To formulate recovery strategies for the department when called upon.
- Continuously raise awareness on BCP to all staff within the department.
8. Compliance and Money Laundering responsibilities
- Support and ensure the money laundering prevention is in line with the Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure good understanding of money laundering prevention and compliance requirements, Group Policies and local laws through training, presentations, guidance, coaching & etc.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and CDD in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements , updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, providing support to superior and subordinates.
9. Health & Safety
- Support Group H&S initiatives.
- To ensure the work environment is safe and free from risk relating to Health & Safety.
- To support the unit's H & S issues raised are addressed and escalated on a timely manner.
- Promotes H & S awareness amongst employees.
- Ensure compliance to local legislations and group requirements.
10. Customer Charter
- All transactions to be completed with 0.50% error rate with a stretch of 0% error rate.
- Identify problem to be resolved with end to end ownership
- Complete transactions within the agreed timelines/ SLAs
- Support the frontline in achieving 5% return/rejects due to missing documentations
- Awareness of customer charter and its objectives
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree at least
- Experience requirement: at least 1 years product and/or operations experience in ATM& Cards services
- Good knowledge of ATM & cards product, general knowledge of consumer banking product.
- Good communication both in English and Vietnamese
- Good knowledge of bank operational procedures and local regulations requirement.
- Customer service skill and issues handling skill.
- Computer/PC skills excellence
- Self-motivated to work with minimum supervision
- A team player
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.